Dad’s Bedtime Tales Newsletter 413, released September 24, 2022. Subscriptions purchased in September 2022 include this issue.
Stories in this issue are:
- Connecting • The fall rains and cooler weather drive most of the hikers and campers out of the mountains. So Herb takes his son, Trevor, up to their favorite campground on the north fork of Bull Creek. According to Herb there’s nothing like a long hike in the solitude of a mountain forest to connect with your boy. And it helps when there is a hiker wanting to help a dad and his son connect.
- Dreams Do Come True • Trevor can’t believe the fun he and his dad had in the campground showers with David, another avid hiker. As he sleeps, snuggled in his dad’s arms, Trevor still has a dream he wishes would come true.
- Upgrade • Agent Brent feels sorry for the dad and son whose flight is delayed. They need to be at their destination by five for a wedding. That’s not going to help, but Agent Brent can make their wait in the airport worthwhile.
- No Seeing the Bride Before the Wedding • It’s bad luck for Howard to see his “bride” Ben before the wedding. His flight is delayed too, so when Ben’s brother and nephew arrive at the airport at the same time he does, the three ride into town together.
- Somebody Didn’t Take Out the Trash • It’s late, dark, and the rain is pouring. But his wife’s snide remark, “Somebody didn’t take out the trash today,” makes our frustrated husband take out the trash anyway. He knows he is not getting any tonight. So when he sees a wet butt by the trash bins, nothing stops him from taking advantage of the situation.