Dad’s Bedtime-Tales Newsletter 324, released January 9, 2021. This issue is included with new subscriptions purchased during January 2021.
Stories in this issue are:
- Tide’s In • Frank needs a break from school. So he hikes out to Otter Spit Park to get away from it all. “Warning: trail impassable during high tide!” the sign at the trail down to the beach reads. Miles from the nearest road, Frank is sure he’ll be alone most of the time. But will he?
- And Then He Smiled • Dave and his buddy, Monty, watch the high school wrestlers wrestle. Dave is shocked when Monty points to one of the wrestlers and says, “Look at that hot little fucker over there.” Dave is shocked because Monty is pointing to Lars, the kid Dave came to watch. Years ago, Dave donated sperm to a couple wanting a baby. Lars was the result. Dave kept his distance from the boy. However, now that Lars is a young man, there is something intriguing about him. Something, Dave can’t shake.
- How Do You Know If It’s Real? • Dex is sure it is too late to try out for the Rugby team at Westmore High. But Dad doesn’t think so. “Show the coach your stuff. When he sees how good you are, he’ll make room for you.” So Dex takes Dad’s advice. But when Coach Morecock takes Dex out onto the pitch so the young man can show his Rugby skills, Dex wonders if that bulge in Coach’s sweats is real.
- Is It a Stick? • Dash falls in love with the 2004 Mustang on Uncle Bart’s used-car lot. “Is it a stick? Dash doesn’t know how to drive a stick,” Dad tells Bart. Uncle Bart lets out a howl. He throws his arms up into the air. “What boy doesn’t know how to drive a stick?” Uncle Bart roars.
- Naughty Santa Gets His Wish • Jimmie enjoys playing Santa each year. But he’s tired of listening to good boys tell him how good they’ve been. Just for once, he’d like to have naughty boys tell him how bad they’ve been. Christmas is over, and Jimmie sighs when he puts his Santa suit away. But his brother, Chuck, has an idea. Jimmie’s two sons are very naughty boys. Maybe Jimmie can be a bad Santa after all.
Artists in this issue are:
Previous issue: Dad’s Bedtime Tales Newsletter 323