Dad’s Bedtime-Tales Newsletter 373, released December 18, 2021. This issue is included with new subscriptions purchased during December 2021.
Stories in this issue are:
- You Know What This Means? • Thack can’t stay for Christmas, but he can pay his brother, Briar, and nephew, Ellis, a visit to put their Christmas gifts under the tree. It’s been a while since he’s visited. “You won’t believe it but your nephew is this tall,” Briar tells his brother. ”He’s all grown up.” To which, Thack gives his brother’s basket a friendly squeeze and says, “Is he now?” Briar grins and says, “I bet he has you beat, Thack.”
- Dad’s Toolshed • Brant gets home and finds Dad putting together a toolshed behind the garage. But Brant can’t figure out why Dad needs a toolshed. He doesn’t have many tools. However, when Dad asks him to help, Brant lends a hand. The last thing Dad puts in the toolshed is a narrow fold-down bed. Dad shows Brant how to use it. “Why would I ever want to use it?” Brant says. So Dad puts his hand on his son’s shoulder and says, “This is the only place your mother will never bother you.”
- Nothing But the Best • “Show me what you’re planning on wearing to your interviews,” Grandpa Moe says to his grandson, Desmond, when he learns he scored interviews with law firms. So when Desmond shows Grandpa Moe what he plans on wearing, Grandpa Moe shakes his head. “You can’t go dressed like that, Desmond. You want to walk in and make an impression.” And Grandpa Moe sends Desmond off to his personal tailor. Only the best will do for his grandson.
- Is He Really Yours? • Murphy doesn’t blame his brother-in-law, Carson, when he asks, “Is he really yours?” Even Murphy wonders if Hagen is really his son. So he secretly does a DNA test to be sure. Murphy is relieved when he discovers Hagen is his son. Still, Hagen is quite the formidable son. So powerful, a guy once said to Murphy, “But he’s so big and strong. How in the world do you get him to do anything?”
- For a Good Cause • While on a road trip, a farmer tells Lance and his dad about a country fair. “You two might consider going to the Mossy Fair. It’s a one of a kind fair over in Mossy. There’s nothing like it. Junior and I went were there yesterday. We had a great time, didn’t we, Junior,” the farmer says, looking back at the younger farmer with him. So Just how good a time will Lance and Dad have at the country fair?
Artists in this issue are:
Previous issue: Dad’s Bedtime Tales Newsletter 372